Spatial Vision is pleased to announce that the third edition of the South East Vicmap Book is now available.
Users will see the results of improvements to a number of elements of Vicmap data. The adoption of DSE’s new “Vicmap Features of Interest” provides the most authoritative and up-to-date source (to which CFA and Spatial Vision actively contribute) for key features such as schools, hospitals, emergency service locations, life saving clubs, aged care and many others.
Edition 3 of the South East Vicmap Book benefits from a number of enhancements. These include:
- 10 new maps including 8 -1:50,000 maps and 2- 1:20,000 maps
- Neighbourhood Safer Places – Places of Last Resort - correct at the time of printing
- Location of Prisons and Law Courts
- Updated School, Hospital, Emergency Service, and Aged Care locations
- Emergency Markers used in verifying the location of a 000 emergency phone call
- Authoritative data along border with New South Wales
- Improvements in the look and usability of the maps through:
- Emergency Service symbols on 1:100,000 maps, where there is a town enlargement, are placed all in a row rather than in their correct location.
- Index of Roads box is used on town maps in areas where there is not enough space to include every road name. This provides a cross reference to the actual location of the road with the road name.
- More comprehensive explanation of what is in, and how to use, Vicmap Books through two additional “How to use the map book” pages (Pages 4 - 7)
The Spatial Vision Vicmap Book series continues to be subject to detailed verification by local CFA brigades. As part of the map book production, check maps are distributed to each brigade for review, and updates are made to the State’s map base, and are therefore available to all users (including the ESTA 000 Emergency Dispatch System).
This new edition of the South East Vicmap book completes the third series with the Central, North West, North East, South West and South East Edition 3 now being available. The release of edition 4 will begin in October with the first release being the Central Vicmap Book.
Place your order now.