A key component of Spatial Vision's award winning Vicmap Book series of topographic map books has been the provision of up-to date maps of regional Victorian townships.
These township maps are also produced as a stand alone map product for each town. In addition to including all features of the existing township maps in the Vicmap Book series, the maps include an accompanying street index and are provided in a digital format suitable for use on the web.
Key features of the existing township maps include:
- generic land use types, including residential, commercial, industrial, recreation, conservation and public purpose areas;
- topographic information, including contours;
- emergency service offices;
- key facilities, such as post offices and aged facilities; and
- reference street address numbers.
Provision of the new township product coincides with the release of the south-east Vicmap book which completes the first edition of the five book Vicmap Book series that covers Victoria.
These books, that include townships, have been adopted by all of Victoria’s emergency services as well as being used by a wide variety of state government agencies (including Department of Sustainability and Environment, Department of Primary Industries, Parks Victoria, and many Catchment Management Authorities), utilities and local governments throughout Victoria.
The township map product is provided on a subscription fee basis and provides an authoritative base map that forms the basis of customised township products required for government, private sector or public use.
- Knowledge of the existing base data sources including the new VicMap Digital Road Network
- Design and presentation of high quality map products.
- Automated map production and annotation.
- An extensive understanding of the client’s requirements.
Peter Smith was overall Project Leader.
Amanda Tyrer prepared the base data sets and annotation.
Rachel Lerm was responsible for final maps and map layout.
- ESRI ArcMap
- Adobe Acrobat
- Macromedia Freehand