Client: John White, SII, Department of Sustainability and Environment
The Spatial Information Structure (SII) group at DSE work with large volumes of raster data including aerial photography, LIDAR, satellite imagery and Digital Elevation Models (DEMs).To keep track of the various datasets, they implemented local metadata systems to record descriptive information about each of the raster datasets. At the onset of this project, there were three systems in place, one to record aerial photography details, one to record elevation details and another for satellite imagery.
All three systems were underpinned by personal geodatabases that stored spatial and textual data. The spatial datasets represented the boundary extents of the raster datasets (also known as footprints). The textual data consisted of information relating to the state of the source data, geospatial processing and data validation undertaken on derived datasets.
- design and implement a data model that consolidated the three systems in an ArcSDE database
- Migrate existing data into the new data model
- Design and build data entry tools for maintaining the new corporate raster metadata system
- Understanding of business requirements, in particular raster metadata elements
- Spatial Data Modelling and Implementation
- ArcObjects and C# development.
- Girish Madan - ArcObjects and .NET Developer
- Ishara Kotiah - Spatial Vision Project and Development Manager.
- ArcGIS Desktop
- C# development language in .NET 2.0
- Database connection string encryption with SHA1 algorithm in C#